What is brand positioning?
Brand positioning is aimed at creating a unique impression in the minds of customers and the market. Brand positioning must be desirable, specific, clear and distinct from other competitors. It is more than a name, slogan or fancy logo. A brand positioning strategy is used to differentiate your business from the rest. Effective brand positioning takes place when the brand is perceived as beneficial, valuable and credible for the consumer. The sum of these three items becomes unique to your business, and as a result your customers easily remember it.
Why is brand positioning so important?
Using a brand positioning strategy as a means of maintaining a unique position in the market may seem obvious, but this is not the only meaning of the importance of this process. Brand positioning is very important because:
- It creates market differentiation
- enables efficient and effective communication
- drives further development of services and pricing
- gives insight into making more effective decisions
- helps you choose the persuasive sales tools
Brand positioning methods
To create a positioning strategy, we first identify the uniqueness of a given brand and determine what distinguishes it from the competition. After a thorough review and analysis of basic data, we select the most important brand positioning methods that can revive the services or sales of a given company. These include:
- high-quality positioning — consumers want to know that your products and services are reliable, durable and worth the price
- positioning according to value or price — a high-priced product has a psychological effect of value and luxury, while low-priced products can be treated as those “for everyone”, with an affordable price range
- positioning benefits — one of the most common ways to promote a brand is to highlight the best features of your products.
- positioning of problems and solutions — the company’s brand, which values the current needs of the client, will stand the test of time
- competition-based positioning — this strategy consists in positioning your brand against the competition
- celebrity-based positioning — popular stars and advertising go hand in hand. From soft drinks to luxury cars, consumers love familiar faces
- positioning the origin of the product — Swiss watch, German technology, Polish ingredients
Brand positioning — give it to the professionals
At PG Brand Reforming company, we work not only on creating a brand and developing its design but also looking for the best solutions for its positioning. Our team of professionals is based on market research and is always looking for a niche that will allow the selected product or service to reach the largest possible target group. If you need help strengthening the potential of your company, contact us today and we will develop the best positioning strategy for your brand.
Marketing research is a key element of almost every project. We check out what consumers really think and what drives their purchasing decisions. We analyze the results and translate them into real actions that give real results.
We build brands from scratch and transform existing brands. Our goal is to create bestsellers on the market.
We comprehensively build a full brand image. We take extra care to ensure that we stand out from our competitors’ products and services. We focus on the real attention of consumers.
The coherence of strategy and creation in brand communication is extremely important. This is why first we develop a strong strategic base and then supplement it with a non-standard creation. Then we work on custom execution ideas for promotion.
Brand strategy development
Setting the brand’s business goals is the first step in a good strategy. After determining these points, we prepare, step by step, a detailed plan for the implementation of the vision.